This is not my cat, but I love her as if she were. I have always had a thing for white cats. It started when I was six and my family and I went to a zoo in Stamford, Connecticut and picked a white kitten with mitten paws from the “Pussy in the Well.” Michigan (aka Michi) lived to be 17 years old and died while I was in the Peace Corps. She wasn’t that interesting, or that nice, but we were sisters for 17 years, and since Michi, I’ve always preferred and sought out white kitties.
I found this picture in the comments section of this diary from Daily Kos. Her name is Poofy-Loo and I can’t stop smiling every time I look at her and think about her ridiculous name. Poofy-Loo. I mean, even if you’re not a cat person, is this not the most fetching feline you’ve ever seen? POOFY-LOO!
Here’s a little 1989 De La Soul to get the day started. Most of the lyrics are pretty silly, but these lines are perfect for tucking into your back pocket in case of emergency:
“If there’s no one here to help, and no one to get involved
Always look to the positive and never drop your head
For the water will engulf us if we do not dare to tread
So let’s tread water.”
This is the first fall in years that I have not been in the classroom in some way. Space inside my mind and soul has opened up that I didn’t know was still there. Even though I’m feeling incredibly free right now, last week I felt like my head was not above water yet after wrapping up our crazy summer of driving everywhere. This week, I’m above the surface but still just treading water. If I can get the little things done that I need to do, there might be a slow front crawl in the near future. We’ll see.
Recently I’ve had scads of random thoughts that I meant to note, but since I was too lazy to note them, I only remembered the one about the garlic press. The others I’m making up as I go along just for the sake of getting something up. Guess I’ll try for more later.
- I have hated every garlic press I’ve ever used and am pretty certain there is nothing out there that will please me. Nothing.
- My patience is wearing thin with all the bad press our President has been getting. I challenge anyone to actually prove that he is not hard-working or doesn’t care about the country. It’s completely ridiculous that there is so much denial about what has been accomplished during his administration.
- Ghost Ranch Writers Week in just over a month. Holy smokes have I been waiting for this… I am as nervous as I am excited.
- I cross posted this to my facebook page, but must put it here, too. If there ever was a more adorable rescue photo, I’d like to see it.
- Charlotte is in the other room playing with her dolls and speaking with a British accent.
- More flooding is on its way to the area. Yay!
“The human race has only one really effective weapon, and that is laughter. The moment it arises, all our hardnesses yield, all our irritations and resentments slip away and a sunny spirit takes their place. ” – Mark Twain
The other day a great blue heron landed briefly on the float, but she flew off before I could take a picture. These three, however, settled right in, and because I had never seen ducks on the float before, the scene cracked me up a tiny bit. Note how the bottom duck strikes a pose.